- March 25, 2017—”Teaching Writers for Young Readers from the Rio Grande Valley.” Panel at the National Latino Children’s Literature Conference. San Antonio, Texas.
- April 6, 2017—Reading with Carmen Tafolla and Robert Flynn. TIL Author Series. Auditorium stage at the El Paso Main Library. 501 N Oregon St, El Paso, Texas. 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm.
- April 7, 2017—New Member Reading. Annual Meeting of the Texas Institute of Letters. Doubletree by Hilton. El Paso, Texas.
- April 19, 2017—Latino Caucus Round Table Author Session. Panel at the 2017 Conference of the Texas Library Association. HBG Convention Center. San Antonio, Texas. 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- February 9, 2017—”Writing on the Frontlines of the Tex-Mex Frontera.” Panel at the annual conference of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs (AWP). Monument, Marriott Marquis, Meeting Level Four. Washington, DC. 3:00 pm to 4:15 pm.
- February 14, 2017—Haunted Valentine. Presentation, reading and book signing. McAllen Public Library. McAllen, Texas. 6 pm to 7 pm.
- February 25, 2017—”Border Poetry of Resistance.” Panel at the 2017 People’s Poetry Festival. University Center, Oso Room 221. Texas A & M University at Corpus Christi. Corpus Christi, Texas. 4:15 pm to 6:00 pm.
- March 1, 2017—”Writing Fiction for Young Adults.” Session for the 2017 Festival of International Books and Arts (FESTIBA). ELABS 175, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Edinburg, Texas. 5 pm to 6:30 pm.
- March 2, 2017—”Publishing Latinx Voices in South Texas.” Panel at the 2017 Festival of International Books and Arts (FESTIBA). ELABS 349, the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley. Edinburg, Texas. 9:30 am to 10:30 am.
- March 3, 2017—”And Then What Happened , Mimi?” Keynote for the 2017 BISD Literacy Conference. Veterans High School. Brownsville, Texas. 6:15 pm to 7:00 pm.
- March 4, 2017—”¡Uy, Cucuy! History and Literacy through Legends.” Session for the 2017 BISD Literacy Conference. Veterans High School. Brownsville, Texas. 1:oo pm to 1:50 pm. Repeated from 2:00 pm to 2:50 pm.