- March 6-7, 2020. AWP. San Antonio.
- March 6. 12:10 pm to 1:25 pm Room 217B, Henry B. González Convention Center, Meeting Room Level F202. The Woven Verse: An Exploration of the Latinx Verse Novel in Kidlit.
- March 7. 3:20 pm to 4:35 pm Room 216A, Henry B. González Convention Center, Meeting Room Level S266. Voces de La Frontera: Writing about Space, Culture, Identity.
- March 11. SXSW
- BORDER CROSSING & SACRED STORIES AT AUSTIN CONVENTION CENTER BALLROOM EF. 11:00am — 12:00pm
- DAVID BOWLES BOOK SIGNING AT AUSTIN CONVENTION CENTER ROOM 10C. 12:15pm — 1:15pm
- March 12-15 SE-YA conference.
- March 24-27, 2020. Texas Library Association Conference. Houston
- Tuesday, March 24. Bluebonnet Speed-Dating
- Wednesday, March 25, 12:15-1:45 pm. TLA Reading List Coordination Committee (RLCC) Luncheon.
- Wednesday. Texas Tea. 3:15 pm-5:15 pm
- Thursday, March 26. Texas Bluebonnet Award Author Session 11:45am – 1:45pm
- Friday, March 27, 2020 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM. Windows and Mirrors: Exploring the Tomas Rivera Book Award
- March 27-28, 2020. Texas Institute of Letters Conference. Georgetown, TX.
- April 4. ¡Adelante! Conference of the Austin Area Association for Bilingual Education.
- April 22, 2020. Region One event with Adam Gidwitz
- May 9, 2020. Cavalcade of Authors. Tacoma, Washington
- May 28-31, 2020. Nebula Awards Weekend. LA, CA.
- June 10. Central Texas Librarian Camp. Keynote in the am.
- July 10 – 15, 2020. Highlights Summer Camp.
- March 3, 2019—“Facing Obstacles with Determination.” Panel at the Tucson Book Festival. University of Arizona. Tucson, Arizona.
- March 29, 2019—“On Writing, Voice, and Courage: A Conversation with Walter Honorees,” a symposium on diverse children’s literature. Part of the Walter Dean Myers Award Ceremony. Library of Congress, Washington D.C.
- Texas Library Association Conference. April 16 & 17. Austin Convention Center. Austin, Texas.
Tuesday, April 1610:00 am – 11:00 am. 15th Annual Poetry Round Up3:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Penguin Classroom’s Meet our Stars (with Adam Gidwitz)
- Wednesday, April 17
8:30 pm – 9:30 am. YA Gets Graphic: Graphic Novels Just Keep Getting Better1:30 pm – 2:30 pm. What’s New with Texas Middle Grade and YA Authors?
- Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22. School Library Journal Summit in Baltimore
- October 3. Rio Grande Valley NSDAR. 11 am at La Casa de Palmas, McAllen.
- October 16-19. TABE, American Bank Convention Center, Corpus Christi
- October 23-25. Tomás Rivera Book Award events.
- October 26-27. Texas Book Festival, Austin
- November 3. “Campfire Tales with David Bowles.” McAllen Public Library
- November 10, 2019. South Texas Book Festival. McAllen.
- November 21-24, 2019. NCTE, Baltimore
- November 31-December 2, 2019. Keynote at Guadalajara Book Fair (Translation symposium).